Sunday, April 14, 2024

Bigfoot in the Big Thicket




There have been several Bigfoot sightings in the Texas Big Thicket and Sam Houston National Forest



This sightings takes place June 22,2014 in the early morning, an eyewitness claimed to to see what could only be described as a large male sasquatch.


First hand account....

 I was on my way to my work yard in New Caney Texas. It was very cloudy that morning with heavy dew rising. I was driving the speed limit 35mph looking for local wildlife like I do every morning. I might add this area is thickly wooded, but also is dotted with many homes. The area is also close to the river. I noticed a very tall shadowy figure approaching a group of cows with a calf. It was at least 8 to 9' tall and about 48 to 50" wide at the shoulders. I slowed down as much as possible. It saw my brake lights and turned to look at me. I am a good judge of distance for I am a bow hunter and I estimated it to be 45 to 50 yards away. It had a long sloping forehead and very defined brow ridge. I could not tell what color its hair was but I noticed a long beard and its arms hung down to almost his knees. I struggled to get my phone out to take a picture by the time I got it out it turned and walked into the woods. I think it might have been going for the calf. There are many water sources in that area and abundant wildlife in those woods. 

The sighting location was a cleared out pine forest that had been turned into pasture for cows. Very close to a major river water source, the San Jacinto river. Many stock ponds and private ponds can also be found in this area.

Follow up statement/claim.



Witness said the creature stood entirely upright and was not crouching or bent over. The creature's hands were straight down, hanging to about its knees. He describes the creature's hands as huge, "large enough to palm a watermelon". He assumed the creature was male due to its enormous size and lack of female anatomy.

The head was huge, with a sloping forehead and a broad, pronounced brow. Nothing particular was mentioned about the eyes and there was no visible neck, just head atop massive shoulders. 

The creature was almost entirely one dark color - like blackish - and very hairy. The only area that was not covered in thick black hair was the chest area... That area was either a lighter color hair or the hair was thinner, exposing more skin.

A unique observation was that the creature had a distinct beard. It was the same color as the rest of the hair, started just below the cheeks and extended to the chest area. described as very distinct and scraggly.

He said the creature seemed to notice him when he applied the brakes. The witness feels the creature saw the bright LED brake lights. It watched the witness as he pulled to a stop, then calmly turned and walked back in the other direction. The witness made a point of saying it walked calmly, did not run, in casual, long strides. It walked near a farm house and disappeared into the woods behind it without turning around again.

Interestingly, the cows never seemed alarmed or afraid.

The witness was unable to follow on foot because it was private property clearly marked as no trespass.

The sighting area described as being surrounded by ripe, seeding, wild sunflower plants. After a brief time, the witness drove the short distance to work, but said he didn't tell his coworkers as "things like this might be embarrassing".




No comments:

Post a Comment